It’s Wednesday my dudes, and that means it’s New Comic Book Day! There are tons of new comics hitting the shelves of your local comic shops every week, and it’s not always easy deciding what to get, let alone what you should add to your pull boxes. So we’ve put together the Rogues Portal Pull List to show you the best comics that you might have missed! Here’s what we’re getting and what you should check out today!
Cold Spots #2
- Cold Spots is a unique, paranormal mystery, with eerie, soft, beautiful art. – Anelise
- Another horror comic from Cullen Bunn. This one dealing in the arena of paranormal beings. – Cory
- What was it I said about Cullen Bunn? Yeah all of that applies here also. Check it out. – Greg
- The Stephen King-esque debut makes this a series worth following. – Michael
Goosebumps Download And Die HC
- This Goosebumps story is equal parts fun and fright, with vivid, youthful art to match. – Anelise
- I read this series as it came out, and it was a ton of fun. If you are a fan of the series, this is a great mini. Also it is written in a way that is accessible for younger audiences also. – Greg
- A charming, fun, and spooky coming-of-age story for all ages. – Michael
Heroes In Crisis #1
- Superheroes and mental health. This is the series I have been waiting for. – Anelise
- Tom King translating his PTSD to a Crisis event, and how he deals with it, is a very promising foundation to build new areas in superhero stories. – Cory
- Me: I am really starting to get event fatigue. Also Me: Tom King is writing an event about Superhero mental health? I’m in! – Greg
- Tom King has his own Crisis event! Mental health is important, even for superheroes. And there’s been a murder at the safest place on earth? I’m in. – Josh
- A whodunnit at a rehab center where superheroes are suspect. How could this be any better? Oh yeah…Tom King is writing it. – Michael
- This is easily one of the best comics I’ve read. The way it balances politics and horror is brilliant. – Anelise
- For someone that is not a big horror fan, I sure am picking up a lot of horror this week. Anyway, this book literally made me jump several times while reading it. Horror, politics, racist ghosts! Read it! – Greg
Klaus The New Adventures Of Santa Claus HC
- Klaus is one of the best stories I have read that is associated with Christmas. I don’t actually celebrate the holiday, but reading the stories give me a sense of wonder and happiness! Klaus is a must read! – Hafsa
- I’m not a person who gets overly excited about Christmas, but this series about Santa Claus is one of the few things I look forward to! Pick this up before the new Klaus comes out! – Josh
Long Con #3
- This post-apocalyptic comic con is the best con that you have (likely) never attended before. – Anelise
- This is a surprisingly delightful series that you don’t want to miss. – Michael
- Spideys galore! Want to see more of PS4 Spider-man in action? I do. Get this. – Josh
- Our first look at PS4 Peter Parker in comic book form. Will we see Spider-Cop? – Michael
- Given how wonderful Spider-Man on PS4 was, I’m in like Finn when it comes to the continuation of that particular webslinger’s story. Can’t wait to get my mitts on this one! – Stacy
Stranger Things #1
- More Stranger Things equals more good things. Amirite?! – Cory
- Jody Houser AND Stranger Things. YESSSSS. – Anelise
- Not sure I can quantify how excited I am for this book. I’m pretty much a sucker for all Things Stranger. – Frank
- Yeah, I’m in. After last Halloween season bringing more Stranger Things, I think I’m having withdrawals this year! – Jameson
- Thank you for filling in how Will survived in the Upside Down, Dark Horse. – Michael
Fearscape reaches Sandman-level brilliance. Could I give a better endorsement than that?
Mysteries to solve, a code to hack, the chance to win something, and a network of conspiracy theories. What more do you want?
Doomsday Clock #7
Has it been two months already? We are six issues in, and I am still not sure if I like this series or not. However, I still have another year to find out.
Marvel Two-In-One #10
I am glad that Marvel’s Two-In-One is still going, even though the FF are back.
I was already looking forward to this book before hearing that Marvel cut Chelsea Cain’s Vision book before it was released. Now, I want this book to go to 10 printings as a sort of middle finger to them. Hasn’t she dealt with enough from the world of comics?!
Hillbilly Red-Eyed Witchery From Beyond #2
As Halloween season approaches, the greatness of Hillbilly increases. Eric Powell is still firing on all cylinders!
Red Sonja #21
Red Sonja continues to be one of the most enjoyable books I read every month.
Bone Parish #3
Cullen Bunn continues to hit it out of the park with his unique horror books, Bone Parish is not different. Make sure you grab this issue and the other two if you missed them.
Justice League Dark #3
Looking forward to where this series takes this group of heroes.
Rolled And Told #1
Always sign me up for more D&D content please! Lion Forge’s newest gaming story looks charming and inclusive, and I’m very excited.
Faith Dreamside #1
A team up between two awesome female characters in the Valiant U! The high flying, plus-sized hero Faith and Shan Fong aka Doctor Mirage!
Harbinger Wars 2 Aftermath #1
Wrap-up to this summer’s Valiant event.
X-O Manowar #19
Kindt brings elements from his Eternity series to Earth in X-O Manowar. If Kindt is writing it, you can guarantee that I’m reading it.
Archie Meets Batman ’66 #3
This book is really great you guys. If you’re looking for fun comics in that swingin’ sixties style, seek this one out!
Domino Annual #1
I’ve been remiss in picking up Gail Simone’s run on Domino, but I’m hopeful this annual will give me a nice sampler platter of what I’ve been missing. Looking forward to this one!
Rick And Morty Vs Dungeons And Dragons #2
Not since the Satanic Panic of the ’80s has D&D faced peril like this. Rick and Morty set loose in the world of Dungeons and Dragons? CANCEL CHRISTMAS.
Alice From Dream To Dream GN
I tend to gravitate towards anything that has Alice and Dreams. This is because I associate both with Alice in Wonderland. Although this narrative isn’t connected, it still has that ethereal expression. I really enjoyed reading this story and felt connected to the characters in ways that I did not expect! Go read it! – Hafsa
Exiles Volume 1 Test Of Time TP
This new version of the Exiles has been a ton of fun to read. – Greg
Redcoats-Ish Volume 2 SC
You guys should check out this comedic, Canadian-created series about the War of 1812 when Canada burned down the White House. – Josh
Saga Volume 9 TP
This is bittersweet since Saga is going on hiatus, but I’m still super excited for a new volume. – Anelise
Super Sons Volume 3 Parent Trap TP
The Super Sons books are a hoot. If you haven’t had the chance to check out the adventures of Jon Kent and Damian Wayne you’re depriving yourself of one of the more enjoyable books on the stands. – Stacy
That’s all we have for this week! Thanks for checking out the Rogues Portal Pull List! We’ll be back next week with a brand new list for you to check out. Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel!