Here at Rogues Portal we are about more than just comics. We follow all pop culture and entertainment that comes out! Do you find it difficult to keep track of everything coming out? Stop by here each Monday and see the biggest releases along with what we’re looking forward to this week!
New this week: November 7-11, 2016:
- 2016 SNL Election Special (NBC)
- American Dad (TBS) – Seth McFarlane’s animated show about a Military Man and his family has it’s Season 12 Premiere and the Second Season
- Martha & Snoop Potluck Dinner Party (VH1) -Years ago Snoop Dogg appeared on one of Martha Stewarts many versions of cooking/domestic bliss shows. Since then the two have kept in touch with each other, and eventually someone decided that it would make great TV to have them together. Wiz Kalifa and Seth Rogan are the special guests in the first episode as Stewart and Snoop compete in a fried chicken cooking contest. In this world of bickering and racial divides could Stewart and Snoop be what brings the USA back together again?
- Danger Mouse (Netflix) – Season Two of the Netflix reboot of this Nickelodeon classic drops as Danger Mouse and his sidekick Penfold head out on a new set of super agent adventures.
- Red Oaks (Amazon) – Season 2 of Amazon’s coming of age comedy drops. No information has been leaked about the second season, but if the humor is as good as season 1 it should be another success for Amazon
- Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge (CMT)
- Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel (Lee Child) – A prequel to Child’s successful Jack Reapers books that is set during Reapers Army Days
- Bronx Requiem (John Clarkson)
- Living Out Loud: Sports, Cancer, and the Things Worth Fighting For (Craig Sager) – “Time is something that cannot be bought, it cannot be wagered with God and it is not in endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life.” —Craig Sager
If you are a sports fan at all you more than likely know who Craig Sager is. If you are not a sports fan maybe you have been flipping through channels and caught him interviewing someone in one of his many colorful sports coats. In this book Sager shares stories about his life, career and his current battle with cancer.
- The Chemist (Stephenie Meyer)
- These Are the Names (Tommy Wieringa)
- Under the Midnight Sun (Keigo Hogashino)
- We Got It From Here, Thank You for Your Service (A Tribe Called Quest) – The iconic rap groups 6th album and 1st new album in 18 years drops this week with the original group intake and many guest stars including Andre 3000, Busta Rhymes, and Jack White
- The Madness of Man (Animals as Leaders)
- 57th & 9th (Sting)
- Havana Moon Live (The Rolling Stones)
- Goodnight City (Martha Wainwright)
- Sausage Party – The irreverent animated comedy in which food finds out that it will be eaten by humans and plans their escape from a supermarket before that can happen.
- Indignation -Working class kid moves to a small town to go to college. Meets the girl of his dreams and clashes with the leaders of the school over the role of religion in academic life.
- Morris From America – 13 year old aspiring rapper moves to Germany and falls for his new classmate while adjusting to life in Germany.
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk-Nineteen-year-old private Billy Lynn (Joe Alwyn), along with his fellow soldiers in Bravo Squad, becomes a hero after a harrowing Iraq battle and is brought home temporarily for a victory tour. Through flashbacks, culminating at the spectacular halftime show of the Thanksgiving Day football game, what really happened to the squad is revealed, contrasting the realities of the war with America’s perceptions. Based on the novel by Ben Fountain.
- Almost Christmas