Another month, another day, another comic to be read. It’s Wednesday my dudes, which means it’s New Comic Book Day! There are tons of new comics hitting the shelves of your local comic shops. It’s not always easy deciding what to get, let alone what you should add to your pull boxes. We’ve put together the Rogues Portal Pull List to show you the best comics that you might have missed! Let’s see what’s new for July 11th. Here’s what we’re getting and what you should check out today!
Amazing Spider-Man #1
- Ryan Ottley was born to draw Spider-Man. While I did enjoy the majority of Slott’s run, it will be nice to have a new voice for the ol’ webhead. – Cory
- Looking forward to Spencer’s take on Spider-Man. He is not one to shy away from controversy, so I am sure his run will have some interesting moments. – Greg
- Agriculture and body horror? Sign me up. – Anelise
- Farm horror? Sure, why not? – Greg
- Chew was grotesque and hilarious; I expect the same amount of brilliance here. – Michael
- I never had much desire to read Hawkman before, but Venditti’s first issue was amazing! It’s one of my favorite debuts of 2018 from any publisher. – Cory
- How was Hawkman not my favourite superhero till now? He’s Indiana Jones with wings. He would’ve made the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull awesome since he already has that Thanagarian/alien flair. – Josh
- Philosophical sci-fi is my favorite. – Anelise
- The Free Comic Book preview got me psyched. It’s like 2001: Space Odyssey, but you can actually understand what’s going on. – Michael
- Like with Michael, the FCBD issue got me hooked. This looks to be one of the better sci-fi debuts this week. – Cory
Run Wild HC
- This graphic novel about humans turning into animals looks absolutely gorgeous. – Anelise
- The cover alone has me intrigued to check out this graphic novel. – Cory
- The eeriness of the cover is enough to make me wanna read this! However, the summary alludes to a philosophical debate between fulfilling your dreams and being conscious of your surrounding. I am up for this! – Hafsa
Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers Volume 1 TP
- I read the first couple of issues of this and really enjoyed it. Happy to catch up now that the first trade is out! GO GO POWER RANGERS. – Anelise
- I’ve been waiting for this first volume. Boom! and Kyle Higgins have done a great job on the MMPR ongoing series. – Cory
- I had a Power Rangers suit when I was a kid (picture evidence is available), so you know this nostalgia is close to my heart. – Michael
Doctor Who The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor: The Tenth Doctor Special #1
I’m a WHOVIAN and proud of it. SO EXCITED!
Eternity Girl #5
As happy as I am that another issue of this superhero-depression narrative is out, I am so sad that there is only one more issue of Eternity Girl.
Nancy Drew #2
I was never a Nancy Drew fan growing up, but the brilliant Kelly Thompson pulled me in with issue #1, and I can’t wait to see what’s next!
Aliens Dust To Dust #2
After reading Green Lantern: Earth One and Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes, Gabriel Hardman has quickly become one of my favorite sci-fi writers. And the first issue of this series was suspenseful and moody.
The finale of The Flash War, which has the feeling of being an all-time great Flash event, comes in this oversized 50th issue.
Transformers Unicron #1
The beginning of the end of IDW’s Transformers Universe starts here.
Taylor did a great job with Laura under the Wolverine mantle. So what awaits her going back to being X-23?
Still my favorite comic that’s out right now. Beautiful art and beautiful story! I can’t wait to find out more about this rich fantasy world.
I’m excited about this one; it looks like a really fun and irreverent take on a D&D style adventure, and the art is super cute!
Star Wars Thrawn #6
The thrilling conclusion to my favorite Star Wars miniseries!
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #34
If I ever don’t recommend Squirrel Girl, assume I am dead.
Voltron Legendary Defender Volume 3 #1
I can’t get enough of Voltron, and I honestly love that the comics are so self-contained! Even if you haven’t been reading the Voltron comics, feel free to start here with the new issue 1!
Bloodshot Salvation #11
I’m seeing double here: two Bloodshots?! It’s the wonders of time travel.
This series has been a must-read from the beginning. Gail Simone writes Domino in an incredibly relatable fashion.
League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen The Tempest #1
It’s been a while since I read the last League book, but the nihilistic take on classic literary characters has always been a fun, if not sadistic, ride.
Bendis is off to a good start if Man of Steel is any evidence. Plenty of questions left unanswered in that series to start this new arc.
Memoirs Of A Very Stable Genius TP
I think I know where this one is going, and it sounds like it’s right up my alley. – Cory
Nova By Abnett And Lanning The Complete Collection Volume 1 TP
Abnett & Lanning’s run on Annihilation and Guardians was the first run I read when I got into comics a few years ago. Somehow, though, I missed out on their Nova run. That ends now! – Cory
Switch Electricia HC
I backed this on Kickstarter awhile ago. Really looking forward to reading this when it comes in the mail. – Josh
Star Wars Doctor Aphra Volume 3 Remastered TP
With the release of another Aphra trade, you have another chance to catch up if you haven’t been keeping up on this excellent Star Wars comic. – Jameson
Thrilling Adventure Hour Volume 1 A Spirited Romance TP
Honestly, just seeing the aesthetics of the cover and inner pages intrigued me. Love with supernatural creatures and heated fast-talking potential significant others! I hope it’s up to par! – Hafsa
That’s all we have for this week! Thanks for checking out the Rogues Portal Pull List! We’ll be back next week with a brand new list for you to check out. Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel!