Another month, another day, another comic to be read. It’s Wednesday my dudes, which means it’s New Comic Book Day! There are tons of new comics hitting the shelves of your local comic shops. It’s not always easy deciding what to get, let alone what you should add to your pull boxes, so we’ve put together the Rogues Portal Pull List to show you the best comics that you might have missed! Let’s see what’s new for June 20th. Here’s what we’re getting and what you should check out today!
Dark Nights Metal Dark Nights Rising HC
- I missed the event, good thing I prefer trades anyway. Time to binge like never before. – Michael
- If you’ve read my reviews, you know these one-shot tales of evil Batmen from across the Dark Multiverse make for a delightfully wicked read. And now they’re all between two covers! What’s not to love? – Stacy
Gideon Falls #4
- Each issue sucks you in a little more. I am in until the creepy end. – Cory
- Supernatural horror, urban conspiracy, and the web is only getting bigger. I need this to come out faster. – Josh
Ice Cream Man Volume 1 Rainbow Sprinkles TP
- Ice Cream Man is one of my favorite horror series ever. It has such depth and weirdness. – Anelise
- I haven’t read Ice Cream Man yet, but I’ve been wanting to; it sounds bizarre and arcane. I’m looking forward to catching up now that the first trade is out. – Jameson
Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock #2
- My favorite kind of nostalgia. – Anelise
- Issue one captured the essence of the show perfectly. Can’t wait to see what issue two has in store for us. – Greg
Justice League #2
- The first issue of this new Justice League iteration was a hoot, and I can’t wait for the continuation! – Christoph
- Snyder has me interested in the the Justice League for the first time in a long time. – Greg
- Maybe it won’t have Batman-voice jokes, but I’m still excited for this next chapter in Snyder’s Justice League. – Michael
Punks Not Dead #5
- This is a music comic done right! – Anelise
- If you’re looking for a series to be like, “I liked it before it was cool,” pick this up. – Michael
- The main character inadvertently put some bad wheels into motion last issue. Looking forward to the fallout in this issue. – Cory
- This series is refreshing and constantly full of new surprises. I don’t expect anything different in the third issue. – Michael
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Volume 8 My Best Friend’s Squirrel TP
- If you have preconceived notions about Squirrel Girl, check them at the register. Do yourself a solid and add her to your rotation. You can thank me later. – Cory
- Read Squirrel Girl. You deserve it. Love yourself. – Jameson
Orphan Black #1
I’ll take Orphan Black in any form.
Ant-Man And The Wasp #2
A mini-series taking place in the micro-cosmos; we discover new life-forms in an unfamiliar world; Ant-Man and the Wasp take you on a journey that is bigger than the world it takes place in–I am so bad at those size-themed puns…
The last issue was basically a monologue from the Joker – inside a church – and it was excellent. Great imagery and incredible writing make this series something extraordinary. Don’t miss it.
The first two issues impressed me very much. Interesting characters in an intriguing setting with a pinch of family drama make this series worth your while.
Fence is the best fencing comic, maybe even one of the best sport-related comics at the moment. Read it!
The first issue left me with more questions than answers, as a first issue should. Also, I’m equally looking forward to the culinary expert’s stories in the back matter.
I don’t typically like horror books, but this is the second one I’m recommending this week. I guess I need to update my profile.
Tony Stark Iron Man #1
After 10 years writing Spider-Man, Scott is taking on Iron Man. Love him or hate him, but he did some interesting things with Spidey. Here’s hoping he takes Stark to some interesting places.
Curse Words #15
I know I mention it every month when it comes out. But if you are not reading this series you are really missing out.
X-Men Gold #30
Kitty and Piotr are getting married. That’s enough for me right there.
Steven Universe #17
The Steven Universe comic is so charmin, because it lets us see a lot of the mundane moments that get passed over in the show. This issue is about Steven dealing with Perdiot after she gets addicted to his golf-themed video game. I love this.
James Bond The Body #6
Final issue! This has been the most unique 007 narrative I’ve seen. Looking forward to seeing how it wraps up.
If you aren’t reading a superhero comic about a ninja/spy, what are you doing with your life?
Jack Boniface is going to learn the origins of his loa. Diggle is defining magic in the Valiant Universe.
Black Hammer Age Of Doom #3
After spending several issues familiarizing ourselves with the cast, their past, and their current situation, it seems like everything is getting pretty serious.
Man Of Steel #4
Bendis has turned me into a Superman fan.
Usagi Yojimbo #169
Usagi Yojimbo is the best comic you’re not reading. The wandering Ronin Samurai bunny is one of the flat-out best comics on the stands. You owe it to yourself to check it out.
Doctor Strange God Of Magic By Donny Cates TP
Cates is doing magical things over at Marvel. His take on Strange is, well, strange in the best way. – Cory
Hellboy Omnibus Volume 2 Strange Places TP
With Hellboy coming to a close, you guys get the chance to swoop in on the whole saga and read it start to finish. This 416-page volume’s got you covered with some of Mike Mignola’s best stories, including my personal favorite The Right Hand of Doom. – Stacy
Invincible Ultimate Collection Volume 12 HC
The Walking Dead might garner all the media attention, but Invincible is my favorite Robert Kirkman comic bar none. These collected editions give you the chance to enjoy the epic sweep and cope of the saga of Mark Grayson, and if you like funny, dramatic, and shocking reads I heartily recommend it. – Stacy
Over The Garden Wall Volume 4 TP
I love that this little miniseries has sparked a big enough interest to have four trades worth of comics! Plus the comics are excellent and really match the aesthetic and feel of the show. Definitely worth reading! – Jameson
Strange And Beautiful Sound HC
Advertised as “for fans of Craig Thompson,” so you know I’m going to read it. – Anelise
Son Of Hitler HC
This was such a good read. Seriously recommended for history and conspiracy theory buffs. – Josh
Superman Zero Hour TP
Superman and time travel always make for a great mix, and Zero Hour is one of the better DC crossover events. This is the Superman team of the ’90s at the height of their creative power! – Stacy
That’s all for this week! Thanks for checking out the Rogues Portal Pull List! We’ll be back next week with a brand new list for you to peruse. Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel!